Constitutional Review Panel – Australasian College of Paramedicine
Paramedics Australasia (PA) and the Australian & New Zealand College of Paramedicine (ANZCP) have agreed, in principle, to merge and form a new paramedicine representative body throughout Australia and New Zealand, to be named the Australasian College of Paramedicine (ACP). To this end, a number of procedural steps have taken place, in anticipation of, and as a result of successful motions being passed by members from both entities, to proceed with the merger and the establishment of the ACP. The registration of the corporate entity and an associated constitution are two of those formalities. Following member feedback, a Constitutional Review Panel is being formed to review the inaugural ACP Constitution to allow broad member engagement through a consultation process. Due to the strict formalities required in altering a constitution, and to ensure all members are afforded the opportunity of participating in the review, a six-week consultation phase is to be implemented commencing Thursday 7 November 2019.
The Constitutional Review Panel will consist of a chairperson and six members, with three members each nominated by PA and ANZCP. The Panel will be convened on 13 November 2019 and be asked to provide collective recommendations to the ACP Board by 20 December 2019 based on the following terms of reference:
- What is the best paramedic representative model to provide a strong and relevant representative voice for paramedics throughout Australasia?
- Does the inaugural Constitution meet the needs of the ACP in providing a strong and relevant representative voice for paramedics throughout Australasia?
- What alterations or additions, if any, would enhance the rigour of the inaugural Constitution in supporting the ACP in providing a strong and relevant representative voice for paramedics throughout Australasia?
- The ACP is planning to implement a strong jurisdictional representative model established separate of the Constitution (click here to see the ACP Representative Structure). Do members support the representative model proposed for the ACP?
- What alterations or additions, if any, would enhance the proposed representative model for the ACP?
Member input into the constitutional review
Members are invited to submit issues for discussion or recommendations to the Constitutional Review Panel via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
President, Paramedics Australasia
Chair, Australian & New Zealand College of Paramedicine