You will have read in a previous communiqué that we are undertaking a review of the Australasian College of Paramedicine (ACP) Constitution. This review involves a member consultation phase and a constitutional review panel, who will provide collective recommendations to the ACP Board by 20 December.
Member consultation phase – 7 November to 4 December 2019
Constitutional Review Panel – 19 November to 19 December 2019
Recommendations provided to ACP Board – 20 December 2019.
The Constitutional Review Panel has now been formed (and expanded to a membership of eight after considerable interest) and is chaired by Michael Eburn with the following panel members:
- Jamie Rhodes
- Buck Reed
- Dr Philip Bachelor
- Dr Bronwyn Tunnage
- Marty Nichols
- Peter Lang
- John Bruning
- Alecka Miles.
The panel brings together an excellent mix of paramedics, academics and subject matter experts with the best interest of ACP at heart combined with strong representative, governance and organisational knowledge across all panel members.
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference for the review are detailed below. Members can provide feedback against these five questions and this will be the terms of reference for the Constitutional Review Panel.
- What is the best paramedic representative model to provide a strong and relevant representative voice for paramedics throughout Australasia?
- Does the inaugural constitution meet the needs of ACP in providing a strong and relevant representative voice for paramedics throughout Australasia?
- What alterations or additions, if any, would enhance the rigour of the inaugural constitution in supporting ACP in providing a strong and relevant representative voice for paramedics throughout Australasia?
- ACP is planning to implement a strong jurisdictional representative model established separate of the Constitution. Do members support the representative model proposed for ACP?
- What alterations or additions, if any, would enhance the proposed representative model for ACP?
Member input into the constitutional review
Members are invited to submit issues for discussion or recommendations to the Constitutional Review Panel by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 4 December.
Also see: ACP Representative Structure
President, Paramedics Australasia
Chair, Australian & New Zealand College of Paramedicine