Paramedics Australasia is offering a sponsorship opportunity for two full financial Northern Territory members for the RFDS CART course. The sponsorship covers course fees only. Any costs associated with travel, accommodation or living expenses are to be met by the individual chosen to receive the sponsorship.
The RFDS CART (Central Australia Retrieval Training) course offers to advance the skills and clinical thinking of frontline healthcare workers in the out-of-hospital setting. The course prepares retrieval specialists including registrars, flight/remote area nurses and paramedics to remotely stabilise and apply advanced treatment to individuals needing transfer through to hospital. Some pre-course study is required along with assumed knowledge of life-support skills and rationale. There will be some patient handling skills scenarios, as such some degree of fitness from participants is expected.
If you meet the criteria* and would like to nominate for the course, please fill out Section A of the RFDS registration form, and return along with a statement demonstrating how you meet the criteria to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 19 July 2019.
To be eligible for consideration for this sponsorship, you must be:
- A full financial member of Paramedics Australasia (note that this course is not suitable for students or graduate transition members)
- A registered paramedic with minimum 12 months experience of independent practice
- Available to attend all days of the course scheduled for 7–9 August 2019 at RFDS Base /Convention Centre Alice Springs
- Able to meet the relevant criteria outlined by the RFDS CART terms and conditions
- Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of life support skills and rationale
- Able to demonstrate a suitable level of physical fitness to participate in patient handling scenarios
- Prepared to write a 500 word overview of the opportunities the course provided accompanied with photos for a future edition of Response magazine.