Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Paramedicine
- Ongoing, full time (part time by negotiation) position
- The role will be based in Hobart or Sydney, with relocation assistance available
- On campus role
The University of Tasmania is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in the School of Paramedicine as part of the College of Health and Medicine.
The University and College of Health and Medicine value the contribution that the Discipline of Paramedicine is making to the health of Tasmania and New South Wales. In recognition of that, the University has recently created the new School of Paramedicine, which features a dynamic team of experienced, practicing and academic clinicians. The appointee will be expected to lead and contribute to the delivery of quality, high-impact paramedicine research and work closely with the Head of School to drive the development of a strong research culture across the School that improves outcomes for the community and is aligned with the College of Health and Medicine research themes.
- Make a strong and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of national and increasingly (C) of international standing (D), secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion, in order to meet and regularly exceed the University’s research performance expectations.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of an exemplary quality. This may include online and face to face learning, coordination of units and develop distinctive strategically aligned course and unit content.
- Increasingly provide academic leadership, particularly in fostering outstanding research across the School and/or learning and teaching.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Registration with the Paramedicine Board of Australia (or ability to obtain), with relevant clinical experience as a paramedic.
- An applicant for Level C must demonstrate a strong record in, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national and preferably international recognition and made notable contributions to the field of paramedicine, demonstrated by a record of high-quality publications, presentations at conferences and success in securing external competitive and other funding. A record of good contributions to successful research higher degree supervision and completions.
- An applicant for Level D must prove a continued commitment to research, demonstrated by a substantial record of high-quality research of international standing, secured external competitive and other funding, high quality publications of research findings and successful research higher degree supervision and completions with proven ability as an academic leader
- Experience and demonstrated achievement in university-level teaching and learning of exemplary quality (C) and be able to provide leadership in key areas of learning and teaching in the discipline (D).
- Engagement with innovative approaches to online learning and teaching, and capacity to contribute to continuous quality improvement in health professional education.
- A record of contributing effectively (C) or providing leadership (D) in building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry (where relevant) and wider community.
- A demonstrable record of working collaboratively within a team to achieve a common goal and display the ability to work in a manner that aligns with the University’s values.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C or D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $192,939 comprising base salary within the range of $126,906 to $164,905 plus 17% superannuation.
Find out more and apply here.
Disclaimer: The above material is provided by the employer and the College is not responsible for any inaccuracies. For any queries about the position please contact the advertised employer.