Job Opportunity: ACU Senior Lecturer Paramedicine
Campus Location: Canberra, Australia
Job No: APTAV108291#002
Provide leadership and make outstanding and original contributions to learning and teaching
Lead and support curriculum design to develop high-quality innovative teaching
Full-time, continuing role to commence in 2023 at the Canberra Campus
About the role:
As the Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine, you'll provide academic leadership by undertaking coordination responsibilities and/or other leadership portfolios and develop and provide lecture, tutorial and laboratory classes in core units. You'll also contribute to the administrative, quality improvement, risk management and/or governance functions of the school.
More specifically the role entails:
- Making a significant contribution to the learning and teaching scholarship and/or research performance of the school.
- Leading and supporting curriculum design to develop high-quality innovative teaching informed by contemporary discipline specific research and reflective practice.
- Developing effective practice in others through mentoring and coaching to create supportive, inclusive learning environments.
- Supporting students by providing feedback and guidance that achieves expected learning outcomes, encourages self-reflection and enhances the learning experience.
- Undertaking research into practices of teaching, learning and curriculum development and produce high-quality publications that inform teaching practice, including internal and external grant applications.
- Teaching and supervising honours, masters and/or PhD students.
You will need to have:
- A Masters Degree in Paramedicine or related discipline is essential. Enrolment in a Phd or equivalent and having successfully completed Mid Candidature review or equivalent is desirable.
- Current unrestricted registration with AHPRA (as a Registered Paramedic).
- Demonstrated experience in the effective teaching and supervision of Honours, Masters or PhD students.
- Evidence of leadership and significant contribution in curriculum design and development.
- Demonstrated contribution to scholarly activities which facilitate student engagement and develop understanding of paramedicine.
- Evidence of research into practices of teaching, learning and curriculum development that have resulted in high quality publications, presentations and/or workshops.
- Demonstrated experience in the effective coordination and/or management of units, courses or suite of courses.
- Demonstrated experience in the effective coordination, supervision and/or mentoring of staff.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and/or Working with Vulnerable People Check (WWVP) (ACT only).
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
Find out more
Total remuneration valued to $154,846 - $168,247 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $130,847 - $142,171 (pro rata) pa (Academic Level C), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Associate Professor Cathy Dickson, Head, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine (NSW) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position. For permanent/ continuing roles, applicants must have permanent work rights.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Find out more information on the benefits of working at ACU here.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Applications close: 30-JUN-2022 at 11:59pm AUS Eastern Standard Time