St John NT is recruiting qualified paramedics for its Tennant Creek centre in Warramungu country situated 500 km north of Alice Springs. With a strong Aboriginal culture and history, this could be the once-in-a-lifetime experience you are looking for. Tennant Creek presents a real opportunity to expand your scope of practice working closely with the community on diverse cases you are unlikely to experience in other parts of the country.
Tenant Creek Paramedics operate on a 4 on / 4 off call roster, 12 and 18 months contracts will be considered.
You will find yourself:
• Responding to a significant number of medical and trauma cases requiring full application of clinical knowledge and skills
• Demonstrating your adaptive and creative thinking skills through overcoming language and cultural barriers in treating a diverse patient population
• Delivering care with a wide scope of practice supported by the new St John NT Clinical Practice Manual
• Developing an understanding of the unique characteristics of living and working under extreme weather conditions and in ‘out of the ordinary’ situations
• Treating complex cases, often in remote locations requiring 4WD, boat or plane access
This is an opportunity to take break from your current service, learn in an extraordinary environment with amazing earning potential. Other benefits include:
• Base salary from $81,456 p/a
• Remote area allowances from $34,350 p/a
• Call outs paid at double time
• Relocation assistance up to $15,000
• Supported housing
• 10 weeks annual leave
• 10.5% superannuation
• Remunerated CPD
• Support to grow your career with paid study leave options
Salary, allowances and on call payments provide a potential earning income of $160,000 to $180,000 p/a.
If you are up for the challenge of expanding your scope of practice in the Northern Territory, you will have:
• Current Authority to Practice as a Qualified Paramedic
• Current unrestricted drivers license
• Eligibility to work in Australia (Australian or New Zealand citizenship, Australian residential status, or valid work visa)
Find out more and apply. Applications close 5 March 2023.
Disclaimer: The above material is provided by the employer and the College is not responsible for any inaccuracies. For any queries about the position please contact the advertised employer.