St John has been delivering first aid and community medical support services to the NSW community for over 130 years. The scope of these services has grown to include:
- First aid training, including specialist courses for mental health, high risk work sites, workplaces, and free first aid training to primary school children
- Event health services, keeping people safe at events right across NSW, ranging from small local gatherings to large scale events
- Equipping individuals, families and workplaces with high quality first aid products and services
- Working alongside emergency services organisations in times of need and disasters
- Workplace health services such as contracted paramedic services and temperature testing
About the Role
Our Registered Paramedics deliver services to the Sydney Trains Network. This is a unique opportunity to provide a positive community impact ensuring the welfare and health of members of the public. Registered Paramedics will be deployed at Sydney Train stations during peak travel times. Registered Paramedics will be expected to be responsible for monitoring, responding, and treating to any patients on the station platform. This is part of the Sydney Trains commitment to rail safety for all, to assist Sydney Train customers who fall sick or are injured to help maintain the integrity of the Train timetables.
Our Registered Paramedics are fully covered under St John NSW’s insurance and professional indemnity insurances.
We have Full Time, Part Time, and Casual opportunities available at our North Sydney Train Station location. We also have casual opportunities at other stations which includes: Chatswood, Hornsby, Redfern, Strathfield, Town Hall and Wynyard platforms.
- Providing health services to patients within clinical scope.
- Ensuring patient care recording and incident reporting is completed within allocated timeframes.
- Active surveillance and patrol of Sydney train stations, including risk mitigation, identifying and escalating safety hazards, and identifying and - providing early intervention of vulnerable persons.
- Holding and answering the train station paramedic mobile phone.
- Following directions of Sydney Trains supervisors.
Our Candidate will have:
- Minimum 1 year clinical experience as a Registered Paramedic
- Current unrestricted AHPRA Registration
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Evidence of Category A Vaccinations or willing to obtain
- Ability to build trusting relationships in a short amount of time
- Ability to communicate as part of a team clearly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused on outstanding customer service.
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and support implementation of change.
- Able to work effectively within a commercial and not-for-profit cultural environment.
How to Apply
Visit the full job advertisement on SEEK by clicking here to apply.