This role is suitable for registered paramedic graduates
St John has been delivering first aid and community medical support services to the NSW community for over 130 years. The scope of these services has grown to include:
- First aid training, including specialist courses for mental health, high risk work sites, workplaces, and free first aid training to primary school children
- Event health services, keeping people safe at events right across NSW, ranging from small local gatherings to large scale events
- Equipping individuals, families and workplaces with high quality first aid products and services
- Working alongside emergency services organisations in times of need and disasters
- Workplace health services such as contracted paramedic services and temperature testing
About the Role
Our Registered Paramedics deliver services to the community with our COVID19 efforts. This is a unique opportunity to provide a positive community impact ensuring the welfare and health of members of the public. Registered Paramedics will be deployed at the Homebush Vaccination Centre perimeter. Registered Paramedics will be expected to be responsible for monitoring, responding, and immediately treating any people taking ill in the outer perimeter areas such as the parking decks and train station entry points. This is part of the governments commitment to community safety for those receiving vaccinations who potentially fall sick or are injured once leaving the vaccination centre as they begin their commute home.
Our Registered Paramedics are fully covered under St John NSW’s insurance and professional indemnity insurances.
Positions are offered on a casual basis with shift times of 8am - 8pm, 6 days per week with no Sunday work required. In addition, we have Full time, part time and casual positions at Chatswood, Hornsby, North Sydney Redfern, Strathfield, Town Hall and Wynyard Sydney train platforms.
- Providing health services to patients within clinical scope.
- Ensuring patient care recording and incident reporting is completed within allocated timeframes.
- Active surveillance and patrol of the Homebush Sydney Olympic Park P3 Parking and Train station areas, including risk mitigation, identifying and escalating safety hazards, and identifying and providing early intervention of vulnerable persons.
- Holding and answering the emergency paramedic mobile phone.
- Following directions of NSW Health supervisory and management team
Our Candidate will have
- Current unrestricted AHPRA Registration
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Evidence of Category A Vaccinations or willing to obtain
- Ability to build trusting relationships in a short amount of time
- Ability to communicate as part of a team clearly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused on outstanding customer service.
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and support implementation of change.
- Able to work effectively within a not-for-profit cultural environment.
How to Apply
Visit the full job advertisement on SEEK by clicking here to apply.