In the Australia Day Honours for 2012 Dr Harry Frank Oxer ASM was awarded a Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia for service to hyperbaric and underwater medicine, to medical education, and continuing service to St John Ambulance in Western Australia.
Dr Oxer was awarded an ASM in 2002 and is a Fellow of Paramedics Australasia. Congratulations!
Just some of his achievements are:
- Medical Director, Hyperbaric and Underwater Medicine Unit, Fremantle Hospital, 1989-1998;
- Emeritus Consultant, Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine, since 2002.
- Consultant Specialist, Anaesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine, Fremantle Hospital, 1975-1998.
- Past Chair, Australian Resuscitation Council.
- Past Chair, Australian and New Zealand Hyperbaric Medicine Group.
- Member, Trauma Committee, Western Australian State Government.
- Member, Trauma Committee, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (WA).
- Former Committee Member, Western Australian Branch, Aviation Medical Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Medical Consultant, St John Ambulance Western Australia, since 2002; Member, State Executive, since 2006.
- President, St John Ambulance Historical Society of Australia, since 2005; Inaugural Committee Member, since 2001.
- Medical Director, until 2002.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Western Australia.
- Medical Director/Board Member, Medical Developments International, since 2002.